Ina Duncan Banks passed away on July 17, 1989. She was born in St. Paul, Minnesota on July 4, 1946. She married Thomas R. Banks, September 16, 1967 in Fairbault, Minnesota. She was proud to establish Ina Duncan Banks Certified Public Accounting in 1983 in Moline, Illinois.
In spite of being only 43 years of age at the time of her death, Ina had compiled an impressive list of business and community service accomplishments including:
• Treasurer of Volunteer Action Center Rock Island and Scott Counties
• Past president and member board of directors Rock Island County Chapter American Cancer Society
• Member of Accounting Technical Advisory Committee of Scott Community College, Davenport
• Member of American Institute of CPAs
• Member American Women’s Society CPAs
• In Who’s Who of Emerging Leaders in America
• Member Board of Directors Zonta Club, Moline-Rock Island
Ina’s professionalism, courage and humanity impressed everyone who knew her. In our hearts and memories and through this award, she continues to live.
- Applicants should be a female, undergraduate student who wishes to continue their education to pursue challenging and diverse career opportunities.
- Applicants must have successfully completed at least two years of their undergraduate work, and should be entering their junior or senior year of college.
- Applicants must be residents of Rock Island County, Illinois, who are attending or plan to attend a four year college or university.
- Applicants must show high academic achievement, community service involvement, and to some extent, financial need.
- One $1,000 scholarship will be given annually and will be paid directly to the college or university.
- Applicants must be full-time students carrying at least 12 credits per semester.
-Submit a essay on "What is your chosen career field?" or "What challenges you about attending college?" (Maximum 200 words)
-Need 2 letters of reference and transcript.
-Only completed applications will be considered.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?