This scholarship was established in loving memory of G.L. Kingsmore, who set a great example of true sportsmanship in all the activities he coached. He insisted on hard work, yet always encouraged young people to be the best they could be, to finish school and be active members of the community. As a teacher for over 35 years, he stimulated thought about the way our nation functions as a free country. In addition he served the greater community as councilman and mayor. In all ways he was a positive influence on young and old alike with his integrity, wisdom and love of athletics.
The intent is to award at least one (1) $1,000 scholarship for 2018.
Scholarship recipients will be chosen on the basis of the following:
1. Applicants must be graduating seniors of Marysville (not restricted to athletes).
2. Applicants must be scheduled for enrollment in a post secondary accredited 2 or 4-year college, university, or trade school.
3. Applicants must have a 2.5 GPA or above.
4. Two letters of recommendation from adults who are NOT related to you.
5. Transcript of high school grades including GPA (ACT/SAT scores if taken).
Number of Awards1
Total Amount Awarded$1,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?