The Richard and Helen Brown Endowment for Pastoral Scholarships will award over $150,000 this year to United Church of Christ (UCC) Members in Discernment (MIDs) who are preparing to become Authorized Ministers.
Most Brown Scholars will be enrolled in or accepted to attend an accredited theological seminary. However, MIDs who are enrolled in or accepted to regional theological education programs which lead to authorized ministry in the UCC are also encouraged to apply.
The Brown Endowment is managed by United Church Funds (UCF), and the Brown Endowment Committee of the UCF Board of Directors will announce the names of this year's Brown Scholars in the spring. Awards made will be sent directly to each Scholar's educational institution in August for the academic year beginning in the Fall.
More information is available online at:
Send email queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. A member in good standing in a local UCC congregation.
2. A Member in Discernment (MID) of a regional UCC Association (Conference).
3. Enrolled in or accepted to a seminary accredited by The Association of Theological Schools (ATS), or enrolled in or accepted to a regional theological education program which leads to authorized ministry in the UCC.
4. A 3.0 GPA in your most recently completed academic work.
5. Intention to seek a call to serve as a pastor of a local UCC church.
6. Documented financial need.
7. Timely submission of all application requirements and references.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE REQ'S.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?