In 2007, the Women for Women giving circle established The Women's Fund at the Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln.
The mission of Women for Women is to increase awareness and address the needs of women and children in Sangamon County and surrounding counties by promoting women's philanthropy, empowering women to take action, creating results, and inspiring hope and possibility for women.
The general focus area for the 2018 Women for Women grant cycle is women's and children's issues in Sangamon County and surrounding counties. Special consideration will be given to those programs that:
-- Are not duplicative or similar to those of other agencies;
-- Are collaborative with other agencies or entities;
-- Have measurable results; and
-- Agree to provide quarterly progress reports to Women for Women in the year following the grant award.
Grant awards will not be made to fund scholarship programs.
Up to $50,000 will be awarded for the 2018 grant cycle. Preference will be given to large, impactful grant requests, however, multiple awards MAY be granted.
The submitting organization must be a:
• 501(c)(3) charitable organization, OR
• faith-based organization (proposals must benefit all, regardless of religion, and be for a service provided which is not religious in nature), OR
• public or private school (proposals must be for projects that exceed the school’s budget funding), OR
• some government entities or municipalities may be eligible.
Innovation, imagination and creativity will be considered in the evaluation process.
Geographic and demographic limitations: Funds must be used for programs and services primarily effecting positive mental health outcomes for women and children who reside in Sangamon and/or surrounding counties, including Cass, Christian, Logan, Macoupin, Menard, Morgan, and Montgomery.
Proposals that do not contain all requested items, if applicable, will NOT be considered.
Process and Timeline:
Letters of inquiry will be accepted from all interested charities who meet the grant criteria. The Women for Women Grant Committee will review the letters of inquiry and invite selected charities to submit a full grant application.
• Deadline for the letter of inquiry is February 5, 2018.
• Charities will be notified by February 28, 2018 whether they are being invited to submit a full proposal.
• Deadline for full proposals is March 23, 2018.
• Selected charities will be interviewed on April 13, 2018.
• Final grant awards will be made at a Grant Reception on May 3, 2018.
Total Amount Awarded$50,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?