JOHN 15 V13
GREATER LOVE HATH NO MAN THAN THIS THAT A MAN LAY DOWN HIS LIFE FOR HIS FRIENDS.
This scholarship is awarded in memory of Specialist 5 David Herbert Fisher US Army who served as a medic in the army, and was killed in South Vietnam at the age of 21. David did not live long enough to experience the privileges that we all enjoy. Our success stands on the shoulders of his sacrifice.
The intent is to award one (1) $1,000 scholarship. This scholarship is funded by the FHS Class of 1965 (fellow classmates of David Fisher) and community contributions.
In recognition of Specialist 5 Fisher service to our country and giving his life for our freedom, this scholarship will be awarded to a graduating Fairbanks High School senior who best meets the following criteria.
1) Applicants must be graduating seniors of Fairbanks High School.
2) Applicants must have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
3) Demonstration of leadership skills both in school and community involvement.
4) The applicant must be enrolled in either a two or four year, full or part-time program; or enrolled in a vocational school.
5) Because Spec 5 David Fisher served as a medic in the army, preference will be given to applicants planning to pursue a course of study in Emergency Medicine (ex: paramedic, nurse's aide, nursing), or Public Safety Service (ex: EMT, Firefighter, Police), or mechanical career opportunities. Consideration will be given to other fields of study based on the pool of applicants.
6) A 500 word explanation of why the applicant feels they should be awarded the scholarship.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?