Applications are now being accepted. Scholarships offered through the Baptist Foundation of Illinois provide students with financial help and encouragement to continue pursuing the path to which God has called them. We pray that the upcoming academic year will be a productive time as the Lord continues to shape both your present and future.
Undergraduate scholarships are awarded in the following amounts:
* Associate's Degree or attending a Community College – up to $1,000 per academic year, $500 per semester enrolled.
* Bachelor's Degree or attending a 4 Year College – up to $2,000 per academic year, $1,000 per semester enrolled.
Whenever possible, we first attempt to award the full values stated above. If individual scholarship endowments have not produced enough investment returns to support a full scholarship, we will award the highest amount available.
Statewide competition for BFI Scholarships is very strong. Applicants are encouraged to take the application process seriously, including the three required essays. Please, allow ample time to make a quality submission.
As a group, past scholarship winners have demonstrated the following common attributes:
* Academic excellence demonstrated by rigorous coursework, strong GPA's and above average test scores
* Strong participation in school, church and community activities
* Demonstrated roles of service and leadership
* Passion and drive concerning their future goals and plans
* A clear and compelling testimony of faith in Jesus Christ
* Character that reflects well upon Jesus Christ and his church
* Third party references that stand out among the field of applicants
To qualify, applicants must:
* Be an active member of a Southern Baptist Church affiliated with the Illinois Baptist State Association.
* Be enrolled as a full-time student for the upcoming school year.
* Maintain at least a "C" grade average and be in good standing with the school.
* Be able to show continuing active participation in church activities during college at home and away, if applicable.
Full-time students planning to graduate early upon the conclusion of the fall semester may apply. Because scholarships are made in semester payments, the awardee will receive half of what would have otherwise been awarded.
Applications must be received by January 31. References from three different individuals must be received by February 7.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?