By the time of her retirement in 2005, Mrs. Biehl, an English and Humanities teacher at Marysville High School for over 25 years, had left an indelible mark on MHS, its graduates, and the community. Mrs. Biehl's legendary commitment to the study of language and literature earned her the universal admiration of students from all grades and every ability level. With great fondness, students remember Mrs. Biehl's classroom as a place where deep thought, spirited debate, and high expectations were never in short supply.
In 2008, a group of her former students created this award to recognize an outstanding Marysville senior who shares Mrs. Biehl's passion for the diverse disciplines collectively known as the Humanities.
The intent is to award one $500 scholarship in 2018.
1) Applicants must be graduating seniors from Marysville who have been accepted to a four year College or University.
2) Applicants must have a minimum 3.20 GPA.
3) Applicants must intend to major in a discipline relating to the Humanities (including but not limited to English, Philosophy, Religion, History, or Art).
4) Transcript of high school grades including GPA (ACT/SAT scores if taken).
5) A copy of an outstanding paper you have written in your English class this year.
6) A narrative describing why you plan to study a discipline related to the humanities.
Number of Awards1
Total Amount Awarded$500
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?