The SPIE Student Author Travel Grant offers partial funding for student authors to attend and present their research at this meeting.
The grants are intended to partially cover travel expenses (airfare or hotel) associated with this meeting. Meals and the conference registration fee are not eligible for reimbursement. Grants typically range from $250-$500 USD per domestic traveler and $300-$750 USD per international traveler, but may be less.
SPIE Student Travel Grants are for full-time student authors in high school or undergraduate, graduate, or PhD programs, who are presenting their paper at this meeting. Postdoctoral students (students who have completed their PhD, ScD, or MD program) are not eligible to apply.
Applicants are judged on financial need and merit.
To qualify, you must:
• be a full-time student (post-doctoral students do not qualify) who will present an accepted paper at this conference
• submit your manuscript by the deadline for publication in the Proceedings of SPIE
• not have received the SPIE Student Travel Grant or Newport Student Travel Grant for any meeting within the last 12 months
• not have received the SPIE Officer Travel Grant this year or within the last 12 months
• submit a letter of recommendation from your department head or advisor by the application deadline
• submit the application by the deadline (late or incomplete applications will not be considered).
Applicants will be notified approximately two weeks after the application deadline.
If you are selected, keep your travel receipts for reimbursement. You will be reimbursed by check after the meeting. Reimbursements will not exceed the total amount of your submitted receipts.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?