Richard Ash was a prominent Center City attorney. He believed in preserving the values of our Constitution and those traditions that sprung from our better nature. Mr. Ash was kind to his friends and generous to the less fortunate. He was active in and passionate about city affairs, driven by his love for Philadelphia. Mr. Ash frequently challenged long-held notions that excluded minorities and women. He dedicated much of his legal career to championing the underdog and to various causes which included the advancement of young people from disadvantaged backgrounds. Mr. Ash left a generous bequest establishing this fund which provides scholarships to Philadelphians who could not otherwise afford to go to college.
To apply for a scholarship from the Richard A. Ash Scholarship Fund you must be a graduating high school senior or current undergraduate student seeking a college education. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional desire to better themselves through further education. This candidate has overcome obstacles and actively strives to create a better world through community involvement, volunteering, ect.
• Must be a resident of Philadelphia
• Must demonstrate financial need
Ten to Twenty (10-20) up to four year scholarships will be awarded. Scholarship award amounts will generally start at $1,000, generally the maximum does not exceed $5,000 per year.
A COMPLETE APPLICATION INCLUDES:
• Copy of your high school transcript (if applicable).
• Copy of your post high school transcript (if applicable).
• Copy of your acceptance letter received from the college/university you plan to attend.
• Copy of your financial award letter from the college/university you plan to attend.
• Copy of your college/university’s estimated cost of attendance.
• Copy of your final SAR or FAFSA Report returned from the U. S. Department of Education.
• One recommendation letter
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?