In 2001, the Board of Directors of the Bryn Mawr Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Association reviewed its activities and began to investigate options on how it might change the way it was meeting its mission to “promote professional and educational advancement” and continue to benefit nursing education and the community. After thorough investigation and careful consideration, the Board recommended dissolving the Association and creating the Bryn Mawr Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Association Nursing Scholarship Fund and the membership agreed. Their fund was placed with The Philadelphia Foundation to provide scholarships for tuition assistance to persons entering nursing or enrolled in NLN-accredited programs granting associate or bachelor degrees.
To apply for the Bryn Mawr Hospital School of Nursing Alumni Association Nursing Scholarship, applicant must be entering a nursing program or enrolled in NLN-accredited program granting associate or bachelor degrees.
• Must be a resident of Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery or Philadelphia county in Pennsylvania; Burlington, Camden or Gloucester county in New Jersey or New Castle county in Delaware
• Must demonstrate financial need
• Preference given to an applicant who is related to or sponsored by a Bryn Mawr Hospital School of Nursing Alum
Two (2) $1,000 one-time scholarships will be awarded.
A COMPLETED APPLICATION INCLUDES:
• Copy of high school transcript
• Copy of post-secondary transcript (if applicable)
• Copy of your financial aid award letter
• Copy of your school’s estimated cost
• Copy of your final SAR or FAFSA Report returned from the U. S. Department of Education
• Recommendation Letter
• Sponsor Form (If Applicable)
Number of Awards2
Total Amount Awarded$2,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?