Luther Vandross was one of the most successful R&B artists of the 1980s and ’90s. He is well known for his distinctive interpretations of classical pop and R&B songs, and his smooth, versatile tenor voice has been captivating audiences for decades. His mother, Mary Ida, was a noteworthy advocate of healthy living and preventive testing for diabetes and other chronic diseases. The Luther and Mary Ida Vandross Fund was established to honor the memory of Luther Vandross and his devoted mother Mary Ida. Scholarships from this fund will be awarded to assist students in their pursuit to graduate from a historically black college or university.
• Must be enrolled in a 4-year Historically Black College or University (HBCU)
• Must be in their 3rd, 4th or 5th year of study leading to an undergraduate degree
• Must demonstrate financial need
• Must have a 2.5 GPA or better
• Preference given to applicants who are residents of the Northeastern region of the U.S.
Five (5) $10,000 scholarships will be awarded. Scholarship awards can only be applied to tuition and educational fees.
A COMPLETED APPLICATION INCLUDES:
• Copy of your college transcript
• Copy of your financial award letter from the college/university you attend
• Copy of your college/university’s estimated cost of attendance.
• Copy of your final SAR or FAFSA Report returned from the U. S. Department of Education.
• Student Résumé
• Recommendation Letter
Number of Awards5
Total Amount Awarded$50,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?