The Kabelin Family has maintained a family business for four generations. The family values the ‘gift of work’ and encourages young people to seek, obtain and hold jobs while going to school. It is the desire of the Kabelin family to support working students who wish to further their education beyond high school.
Amount of Scholarship Award
$1,000 scholarship awards are available.
Applications are reviewed by a volunteer committee comprised of La Porte County residents. One member of the committee will represent the Kabelin Family. Committee members sign confidentiality agreements, and all information from the applications is kept in the strictest of confidence.
The applicant must:
1) be a high school senior having a blood- or marriage-related parent or grandparent employed by Kabelin Ace Hardware for at least two years. (Excluding a direct descendant of Jerry and Kay Kabelin.)
2) OR, be a high school senior who has been employed by Kabelin Ace Hardware for at least one calendar year.
In addition, applicants must:
1) have maintained a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or better on a 4 point scale or equivalent
2) be enrolled as a full time student at a tax-exempt, accredited college or university
3) demonstrate achievement based on academics, extracurricular activities, community involvement, and employment history
4) demonstrate financial need
Awards will be made without regard for age, gender, race, or ethnicity.
The following people are not eligible for scholarships administered by Unity Foundation of La Porte County: officers, directors, employees and members of a scholarship committee of Unity Foundation and their immediate families.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?