The King’s Daughters Organization (KDO) mission is to support the well-being of and to charitably aid the elderly in Sangamon County.
In 2007, the KDO established a donor advised fund through the Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln with assets from the closure of the King’s Daughters Home in Springfield, Illinois.
The purpose and goals of the KDO Fund are to provide financial support to programs and services of charitable organizations that:
• Enhance the quality of life for older residents of Sangamon County.
• Address the unmet needs of older residents of Sangamon County.
The submitting organization must be a:
• 501(c)(3) charitable organization, OR
• faith-based organization (proposals must benefit all, regardless of religion, and be for a service provided which is not religious in nature), OR
• public or private school (proposals must be for projects that exceed the school’s budget funding), OR
• some government entities or municipalities may be eligible.
Geographic and demographic limitations: Funds must be used for programs and services primarily assisting older residents (55 years of age and older) of Sangamon County, Illinois.
Awards made in 2018 will range from $2,500 to $25,000, depending on availability of funds.
Proposals that do not contain all requested items, if applicable, will NOT be considered.
Process and Timeline:
Letters of inquiry will be accepted from all interested charities that meet the grant criteria. The KDO Fund Grant Committee will review the letters of inquiry and invite selected charities to submit a full grant application.
• Deadline for the letter of inquiry is February 5, 2018.
• Selected charities will be notified by February 26, 2018.
• Deadline for the invited full applications is March 26, 2018.
• Selected charities will be interviewed on April 9, 2018.
• Final grant awards will be made at the KDO Annual Meeting on May 14, 2018.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?