The purpose of the IAFC Health and Safety Awards Program is to recognize both organizations and individuals that have made a significant contribution to the overall environment of health and safety within their own organizations and within the fire service as a whole.
Presented annually to the chief executive officer of a fire department (of any size or composition) which has demonstrated a unique commitment to fire service health and safety.
Three steps to prepare the official entry:
1. Complete the official nomination form.
2. Statement describing in less than 500 words why the candidate is being nominated.
3. One additional document supporting the candidate's nomination, such as copies of awards, newspaper articles, or letters of recommendation from appropriate elected or appointed officials. This document is optional, however more information makes it easier to determine worthy recipients.
* Must be an active member of the IAFC
* Must be the Fire Chief, Chief Engineer, Chief Fire Officer or other top level executive of a fire department or fire brigade.
If the organization is a fire department, the fire chief must be a member of the IAFC. Qualifications for this award shall be at the discretion of the Selection Committee.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?