The purpose of the O’Brien Medical or Health Related Field of Study Scholarship is to assist worthy students who need financial assistance in order to be able to attend college in pursuit of a degree or certification in a medical or health related field of study.
The scholarship was established in 2016 by Thomas O’Brien and Doreen O’Brien.
This scholarship is a one-time award, but may be renewable for students who demonstrate earnest scholarship, significantly above average, and in the opinion of the Selection Committee, is of superior academic quality, and remain in pursuit of a degree or certificate in a medical related field of study.
1. Be pursuing a degree or certificate in a medical or health related field of study
2. Be a graduate of a Sangamon County high school
3. Demonstrate financial need beyond reasonable levels of parental and self- help
4. Demonstrate earnest scholarship, significantly above average, and in the opinion of the Selection Committee, is of superior academic quality
5. Will be attending a school as a full-time student in the coming academic year at an accredited public/private college/university, or technical institution, with no limitation as to the location of that institution.
Number of Awards2
Total Amount Awarded$2,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?