Sandpipers has been providing financial assistance to college-bound students since 1941 and is the oldest continuing aid program in the South Bay. Supporting more than 40 students per year, the program is unique in funding our qualified recipients throughout the four continuous years of their undergraduate studies. In recent years, we have achieved an astounding graduation rate of 98%, suggesting that Sandpipers’ scholarship money is well invested.
In 2017, Sandpipers awarded more than $250,000 to 52 students (freshman – senior). High school seniors living in the South Bay (both citizens and eligible non-citizens as defined by the US Department of Education) are eligible to apply for a Sandpipers Scholarship.
Application Requirements and Process
Any high school senior student meeting all eligibility requirements below is eligible to apply for a Sandpipers Scholarship.
• U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen (as defined by the U.S. Department of Education )
• Cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
• Permanent resident of the South Bay area of Southern California (roughly bounded by the 105 and 110 freeways)
• Students residing outside the South Bay area are eligible is they attend a high school in the defined South Bay area.
• Demonstrate a financial need. Because Sandpipers Scholarships are awarded to students in need of financial aid, financial information about your family is required to determine your specific needs.
• Online applications with all supporting materials uploaded need to be complete by midnight on Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
Once all the applications have been received, the Scholarship Committee conducts a rigorous review, screening all applications. Select candidates have the opportunity to meet with the Sandpipers Scholarship Committee for in-person interviews.
Our selection of the new students in our program is based on the following:
• students’ community and school involvement
• academic achievement,
• financial need,
• and personal commitment to financially contribute to their own education.
• Note: children and grandchildren of Sandpipers members are not eligible.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?