The ANNA National Symposium will be held April 14-17, 2019 at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas, TX. The ANNA National Program Committee invites individuals, regardless of clinical or corporate affiliation, to share their research or clinically based findings by submitting an abstract for presentation. Abstracts are considered from nephrology colleagues with knowledge, expertise or research in the topic to be presented. Abstracts are rated and selected based on adherence to the established criteria by a process of peer review.
1. Please note: before starting the abstract application process, please download the Abstract Form available at www.annanurse.org/2019-symposium
2. The presenting author must fill out the information below and must also sign the release statement using electronic signature (simply tab down to the appropriate line and type the name).
3. The abstract, abstract title, and author information must be typed in the abstract box on the following page and cannot exceed a total of 2,300 characters, including spaces. Follow these directions:
o The title must be typed at the very top of the box. Skip one line under the title before beginning the body of the abstract.
o Organize the body of the abstract as follows: Briefly state the topic or problem to be described; describe the topic or the approach to the problem; present the information about the topic or the solutions and/or conclusions; and state the implications/relevance of the topic or solutions to the nephrology patient and/or nurse. Please see the scoring criteria used for research and non-research abstracts at the bottom of this form.
o The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. Use kg, ml, %, etc. Place unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears. Use numerals to indicate numbers, except to begin a sentence. For therapeutic options/drugs, use only generic names.
o Do not identify locations, authors, companies and/or products in the body or title of the abstract.
o Each author’s full name, credentials, employer, and home city/state must be listed in the abstract box. List the presenter’s name and information first. Allow one (1) line after the body of the abstract before listing this information.
4. You must create both a blinded and unblinded version of this form for submission. The unblinded version contains ALL requested information. The blinded version omits any and all identifying information (names, locations, etc). To blind this form for review, delete the information on the bottom of this page and delete all author names and identifying information in the abstract box. Then, save the document as a new file.
5. The blinded version, unblinded version, and the presenter’s CV must all be emailed by October 29, 2018. Simply attach the three (3) documents noted above.
6. The receipt of the abstract will be confirmed via email. If you do not receive confirmation email within one week of submission, please contact Jackie Myers at 888-600-2662. The outcome of the selection process will be mailed by January 11, 2019.
7. Please note that abstract presenters (verbal and poster) must register for the symposium and are responsible for all expenses incurred, including handouts. Verbal abstract presenters may pay the one-day registration fee to be utilized for the presentation day only.
To see a preview of the required documents, please click "Preview" below.
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?