Since 1996, the Women’s Fund of the Community Foundation of Central Illinois has been working to change the lives of women and children in central Illinois. The Women's Fund endowment strengthens families and communities by providing grants to organizations whose programs help empower women and girls. Surprisingly, less than five percent of charitable contributions go towards funding women’s programs.
Through 2017, the Women's Fund endowment has awarded more than 110 grants adding up to more than $350,000 to benefit programs focusing on women and girls. The Women’s Fund continues to bring women’s issues to the forefront in Central Illinois.
The Women's Fund of the Community Foundation of Central Illinois provides grants to support programs that positively benefit women and/or girls in achieving their full potential.
• $20,000 in funding available for 2018 grant cycle.
• Can apply for up to $5,000.
• Funds must be used from October 2018 to September 2019.
• Submission deadline of September 5, 2018 at midnight*.
*Please note, if the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted the next business day by midnight.
• Open to all organizations with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c) of the Internal Revenue Code, those that operate under a fiscal agent that is a 501(c)3 organization, and to local units of local, county, state or federal government.
• Grant funding may support new or existing programs that positively benefit central Illinois. Primary participants or beneficiaries must be women and/or girls.
• Program must be operated and organized in such a manner that no applicable anti-discrimination laws are violated.
• Organization must be current on all CFCI grant evaluations.
Application Requirements and Dates
• Applicants are highly encouraged to submit applications at least 2 weeks in advance and to call CFCI’s office at 309-674-8730 to verify all required materials have been received prior to the deadline of September 6, 2017.
• Applications will not be accepted after the deadline. Applications missing required materials will be considered incomplete. There will be no exceptions.
• Please note, if the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be accepted the next business day until midnight.
• All applications must be approved by the person writing the grant and by executive level personnel.
• CFCI reserves the right to make changes to application’s requirements up to 60 days prior to the date applications are due.
• Proposals must be submitted by the application deadline..
• The grant review process may last 30-60 days after the submission deadline. CFCI reserves the right to shorten or extend the process at any time.
• Naturally, not all projects can be funded. A denial should not be viewed as a negative reflection on an organization, but rather a reflection on the amount of funding available. Organizations will be notified in writing on the status of the grant application.
Reports to the Foundation
A grant evaluation must be completed and submitted within one month of grant program completion. Failure to fully complete and submit this report by December 3, 2018 will prevent the grantee from future grant consideration.
A link to the online grant evaluation will be available on CFCI's website (click here) upon grant award distribution. It is the grantee's responsibility to review the evaluation in order to submit all required information.
Total Amount Awarded$20,000
The item(s) you are requesting to delete has data. If you do not want to permanently lose the data, we suggest you export all application/evaluation data before deleting. If you understand that deleting this portion of your form will result in the permanent loss of the associated data, please type "DELETE" in all capital letters in the space below.
By choosing to submit your application, you are locking your application and will be unable to make any future changes.
Do you wish to proceed?