To reimburse cost of travel and expenses for Psi Chi student members to present research at a psychology or psychology related convention.
The travel award should not be depended on to provide 100% of the funding required to attend an event. The applicant should understand that they may not receive all of the funding necessary to travel and should make financial plans accordingly.
Winning applicants will receive funding up to $1,500 to attend a psychology or psychology related convention that is not funded by the Psi Chi Regional Travel Grants (EPA, MPA, RMPA, SEPA, SWPA, and WPA). Annually $22,500 is available for this program with at least $7,500 available per funding round. Any funds not distributed in previous funding rounds will be available for the next round.
At the time of submission, the applicant must be:
• a Psi Chi member, and
• either a graduate or undergraduate student.
The student applicant must be presenting at the convention, though the student need not be the first author of the presentation.
Students can only receive one grant per fiscal year. Applicants not funded in previous rounds may resubmit for later funding rounds.
1. Papers must be an electronic document written in English conforming strictly to the instructions in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).
2. Poor spelling and grammar will undermine otherwise sound submissions.
1. Submit proposals online at www.psichi.org under the AWARDS/GRANTS section. The link for submissions is available at least one month prior to the submission deadline.
2. Submissions are accepted online until 11:30pm HST on May 5, September 5, and December 5. Late applications will not be accepted.
1. General Information
2. Convention Submission: Provide the paper or poster's long summary of research that has been accepted for presentation. This should be the same documentation submitted to the convention for acceptance and need not be masked.
3. Convention Acceptance: Provide the presentation acceptance notification from the convention.
4. Budget: Include the amount requested and for what purpose (e.g., airfare, accommodation, registration, per diem) and any other sources of funding.
5. Faculty endorsement affirming the intent of the applicant to attend the convention in the application.