The Misty Crabtree Eastham Endowment was established to honor the memory of Misty Crabtree Eastham, a lifelong Girl Scout, and to further her legacy as a woman who made improving the lives of others a priority in her own life. As a girl in foster care who earned her Girl Scout Gold Award, Misty felt that Girl Scouting had a tremendous impact on her life and provided opportunities that she may never have had a chance to pursue. As a young Girl Scout through the completion of her Gold Award to serving as volunteer and mentor for today’s Girl Scouts, Misty overcame adversity to consistently give back and make the world a better place. This scholarship embodies Misty’s sense of selflessness, generosity, drive and determination.
It is the responsibility of individual applicants to submit all required information. Girl Scouts - North Carolina Coastal Pines is not responsible for following up on recommendation letters or transcripts.
1. Must be a currently registered Girl Scout
2. Must be a Girl Scout Gold Award recipient under one the following conditions:
a) Earned the award through Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines
b) Earned the award at another council and is now currently a registered member of Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines
3. Must demonstrate how her Girl Scout Gold Award project improved the lives of others and/or had a significant impact on the local and/or global community
4. Must exhibit continuing community service involvement beyond her Girl Scout Gold Award project
5. Must have overcome adversity
6. Must be a current high school senior or a college freshman
7. Must be between the ages of 17 and 23
8. Must demonstrate high level of scholastic performance through submission of official and/or unofficial transcript
9. Must be able to demonstrate financial need
10. Must describe how Girl Scouting has influenced her life