The Misty Crabtree Eastham Endowment was established to honor the memory of Misty Crabtree Eastham, a lifelong Girl Scout, and to further her legacy as a woman who made improving the lives of others a priority in her own life. As a girl in foster care who earned her Girl Scout Gold Award, Misty felt that Girl Scouting had a tremendous impact on her life and provided opportunities that she may never have had a chance to pursue. As a young Girl Scout through the completion of her Girl Scout Gold Award to serving as volunteer and mentor for today’s Girl Scouts, Misty overcame adversity to consistently give back and make the world a better place. This scholarship embodies Misty’s sense of selflessness, generosity, drive and determination.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit all the required information to include transcripts and recommendation letters. Incomplete applications cannot be considered for the scholarship.
1. Be a currently registered member of Girl Scouts North Carolina Coastal Pines
2. A recipient of the Girl Scout Gold Award under one the following conditions:
a) Earned the award through Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines
b) Earned the award as a member of another council and is now currently a registered member of Girl Scouts – North Carolina Coastal Pines
3. Demonstrate how earning her Girl Scout Gold Award project improved the lives of others and/or the significant local or global impact
4. Exhibit a continued commitment to community service beyond completion of her Girl Scout Gold Award
5. Demonstrate overcoming adversity
6. Be enrolled in high school or college and between the ages of 17-23
7. Through submission of an official or unofficial transcript demonstrate academic excellence
9. Demonstrate a financial need
10. Be able to describe how membership in Girl Scouts has influenced her life