The purpose of these programs are to provide funds for Psi Chi members to conduct summer research under the mentorship of a teaching faculty member.
Psi Chi will award:
14 grants to the general Psi Chi category,
6 grants to the APS category,
2 grants to the CUR category, and
2 grants to the SRCD category.
All grants are $5,000 each (a stipend of $3,500 to the Psi Chi student plus $1,500 to the sponsoring faculty member at the research institution).
• All undergraduate Psi Chi members are eligible to apply for Psi Chi summer research grants. To apply for APS, CUR, or SRCD summer research grants, your sponsor MUST be a member of that organization.
Applicants for these grants must:
• be an undergraduate Psi Chi member with a member ID number on file at the Central Office,
• identify their own sponsor for their summer research project (students may wish to contact a faculty member, Psi Chi advisor, or Psi Chi Board of Directors member at a recognized research institution other than that of the applicant),
• provide an unofficial transcript showing current enrollment status,
• still be enrolled as an undergraduate student after the summer research is conducted, and
• winners will be required to submit an official transcript that verifies fall semester enrollment.
STYLE / STANDARDS
1. Applications must be written in English conforming strictly to the instructions in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) in so far as it is appropriate for the elements requested.
2. The application (including supporting letters and documents) should not exceed 10 pages in 12-point font (double-spaced).