1. The nominee must be a Psi Chi member who has served as a chapter faculty advisor or coadvisor to an active Psi Chi chapter for at least two years at the time of nomination. An active chapter is defined as having at least one induction per year.
2. A nominated advisor cannot have received the Regional Faculty Advisor Award in the past three years.
3. The nominee cannot be serving on the Psi Chi Board of Directors at the time of nomination and cannot be a previous Denmark Award winner.
STYLE / STANDARDS
1. Nominations must be an electronic document written in English conforming strictly to the instructions in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).
2. The text of the nomination letter is limited to 1,000 words in 12-point font (double-spaced).
1. Chapters nominate their Psi Chi faculty advisor by submitting general information and a letter of nomination (described below) online at www.psichi.org under the AWARDS/GRANTS section. The link for submissions is available at least one month prior to the submission deadline.
2. Submissions are accepted online until midnight local time on December 1. Late submissions will not be accepted.
3. Each chapter may nominate one faculty advisor or co-advisor a year who meets the requirements.
4. The letter of nomination, limited to 1,000 words must be in narrative, not list form, and must include:
• a statement describing the nominee’s contributions as a faculty advisor,
• the length and dates of service as faculty advisor and, if applicable, as a past member of the Psi Chi Board of Directors, and
• a statement describing the nominee’s contributions to Psi Chi and psychology at the state, regional, national, and/or international level.
5. The Psi Chi Central Office will compile information regarding each nominee’s chapter for the past three years, including new member registrations at the Central Office, reports in Eye on Psi Chi, and participation in the Society elections in order to evaluate the applicants, along with the information received from the chapter nomination.
Winners should submit a 150-word biography (written by the advisor in third person), and a digital photo (600 KB or larger in size) for publication in the Eye on Psi Chi.