1. Applicant Submission Elements
Maximum Number of Words: 600
Maximum Number of Words: 850
Maximum Number of Words: 750
Statement of Funding
Maximum Number of Words: 800
Maximum Number of Words: 150
2. Letter of Recommendation Secure Upload Box
Letter of Recommendation Upload
Enter the faculty person's information who is recommending you for summer research grants into the boxes below so they may receive an email request for this component. Your faculty recommendation must be uploaded before the deadline for the program.
3. Letter of Support Secure Upload box
Letter of Support Upload
Enter the faculty person's information who is sponsoring you for summer research grants into the boxes below so they may receive an email request for this component. Your faculty sponsor letter must be uploaded before the deadline for the program.
Purpose: All undergraduate Psi Chi members are eligible to apply for these summer research grants. The purpose of this program is to provide funds for Psi Chi members to conduct summer research at nationally recognized research institutions. Psi Chi will award 14 grants of $5,000 (a stipend of $3,500 to the Psi Chi student plus $1,500 to the sponsoring faculty member at the research institution). Applications will be accepted until 11:30pm HST.
Applicants for these grants must:
• be an undergraduate Psi Chi member with a member ID number on file at the Central Office,
• identify their own sponsor for their summer research project (students may wish to contact a faculty member, Psi Chi advisor, or Psi Chi Board of Directors member at a recognized research institution other than that of the applicant), and
• still be enrolled as an undergraduate student after the grant-sponsored summer research is conducted.
STYLE / STANDARDS
1. Applications must be an electronic document written in English conforming strictly to the instructions in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA).
2. The application (including supporting letters and documents) should not exceed 10 pages in 12-point font (double-spaced).